Community discussions

MikroTik App

Namhoang971
just joined
Topic Author

Router was rebooted without proper shutdown

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:37 am

Hello everyone, I am having a problem where I have found all the causes that I don't know why. RB3011uias-arm Router was rebooted without proper shutdown, I checked CPU, PSU, Memory all metrics are low. I closed all the IP services except Winbox, I updated to version 6.48 (stable) and the problem still occurs.
Hope everyone supports me with this issue !!
Thanks !!

erkexzcx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Router was rebooted without proper shutdown  [SOLVED]

Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:45 pm

Looks like either RouterOS crashed and rebooted (not sure if router reboots in this case, probably due to watchdog), or there was power issues. Maybe PSU is having issues, or your power supply had issues.

I closed all the IP services except Winbox
Did you whitelist access to router? Hopefully winbox port is not available to any IP on the internet. You also disabled all the MAC functionality too? Not sure if reboot could be caused by (D)DOS.

Namhoang971
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Router was rebooted without proper shutdown

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:03 am

Looks like either RouterOS crashed and rebooted (not sure if router reboots in this case, probably due to watchdog), or there was power issues. Maybe PSU is having issues, or your power supply had issues.

I closed all the IP services except Winbox
Did you whitelist access to router? Hopefully winbox port is not available to any IP on the internet. You also disabled all the MAC functionality too? Not sure if reboot could be caused by (D)DOS.

I have checked the power supply and the PSU has no problem !! At first I thought it was a watchdog timer, but when you turn it off, the router hangs and has to unplug it and plug it in again!