Community discussions

MikroTik App

edomali
just joined
Topic Author

hAP mini windows shared network

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:23 am

Hi to all,
I am connected to public WiFi 5GHz and windows 10 laptop is used for that connection. WiFi is shared over LAN to my hAP mini. hAP mini is configured as HomeAP on quickset page(i don`t have expirience for something better).
My hAP mini is sharing WiFi signal for some time, and after that there is no internet acces anymore.
After hAP mini is reseted to factory defaults, and again configured as home AP, connection is working for some time, and then again it drops down again.

I also have ddwrt router 2,4GHz, and when wrt is connected to that public network, there is no problem with dropping down connection.

How can i check what is problem?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP mini windows shared network

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:05 pm

Configurations do not change over time. There is no need to reconfigure the hAP mini. Nothing has changed.

But you lost your internet connection on the hAP mini. Seek to find where it changed.

Check the "Log" for any hint on what happened.
Check if you still have an IP address on ether1 (IP -> addresses), that you got from the Windows 10 as DHCP lease with DHCP client.
To reset the ether1 connection, without any RouterOS skills, then just unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable.

How long is "working for some time" ? It could be a DHCP lease renewal problem of the hAP mini from the Windows 10.
Or did you lose the wifi connection on the hAP mini?
Or did the client device connected to the hAP mini lose it's DHCP lease ?

edomali
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Configurations do not change over time. There is no need to reconfigure the hAP mini. Nothing has changed.

That was the only way who helped me

But you lost your internet connection on the hAP mini. Seek to find where it changed.

Check the "Log" for any hint on what happened.
Check if you still have an IP address on ether1 (IP -> addresses), that you got from the Windows 10 as DHCP lease with DHCP client.
Will try that when reach home
To reset the ether1 connection, without any RouterOS skills, then just unplug and re-plug the ethernet cable.
That didn`t help me

How long is "working for some time" ? It could be a DHCP lease renewal problem of the hAP mini from the Windows 10.
10-15 minutes
Or did you lose the wifi connection on the hAP mini?
No, WiFi was there, but internet connection lost[/quote]
Or did the client device connected to the hAP mini lose it's DHCP lease ? Don`t know that

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:46 pm

What RouterOS version? Don't use Stable 6.48 !

edomali
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Not sure, but is not that version, i am sure. I think it is 6.42

edomali
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Version is 6.42.

Log file does not give me any answer-factory reset is performed and i didn`t have time to try all the things again (my familly allready hates me due to connection problem;) )
Problem is not in Mikrotik device, windows is making problems. I will try to do same thing vith some linux distro and report results.

Thans so far!