Community discussions

MikroTik App

Simon771
just joined
Topic Author

RB750Gr3 LAN to WAN

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:49 pm

I just bought RB750Gr3 and I'm trying to figure out, how to set it up for my needs. I would like to connect IPTV and computer devices on this router, but my ISP only allows me to use ITPV on modem port 3 and 4, while ports 1 and 2 are for internet. So I can't connect my MikroTik router to one of 4 ports and use it for everything.
Now I'm wondering if there is any way to connect modem port 3 on Mikrotik port 1, and also connect modem port 1 to mikrotik port2. Then I would connect TV1 and TV2 to mikrotik ports 3 and 4, and connect unmanaged simple plug&play switch on port 5, to connect all of my computers on it.
But how can I set that Mikrotik ports 3 and 4 are LAN for TV, and those connect directly to WAN port1 on mikrotik? Also same think would need to be done for port5 on mikrotik to use WAN port 2.
I would still like to see port usage for TVs and limit bandwidth even if they get some automatic IP addresses. So port 3 and 4 would have to act like normal switch that connects directly to modem, while port 5 would be it's own VLAN 192.168.10.0/24 on which I would connect my PC devices.

I'm not that experiences with networking so hopefully I wrote this understandable enough, for someone to get the point what I'm trying to do :)

Best regards,
Simon