Community discussions

MikroTik App

TheSugusMaster
just joined
Topic Author

Could not resolve DNS name

Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:03 pm

Hello everyone
I just got myself a lhg lte kit and am currently trying to set it up. Id booted without any problem, and I was able to add a new admin user with a password as recommended in the installation guide. At the moment I am facing the problem, that I am not able to either update the RouterOS nor connect to any website because the DNS name can not be resolved. Because I am new to using this product I don't even know what I need to search for in the forum so I am writing a new post. Thank you for your assistance.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Could not resolve DNS name

Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:35 am

It means the device has no access to the internet. If you only just unpacked it, it will not have connected anywhere, you must start with that, before you can upgrade. In the "Quickset" menu, see if your device has found and connected to a cell tower. You mught need to specify a PIN from the SIM card you inserted, or an APN name, based on the cell provider of the SIM.

Also a common mistake with the LGH LTE devices is that SIM May not have clicked into place. Try using a pen, to insert the SIM card properly

mkonsultor
just joined

Re: Could not resolve DNS name

Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:24 pm

My RouterBOARD 952Ui-5ac2nD can't resolve DNS when attempting to update the routerOS. Unlike normis, my LAN is connected to the Internet and I can email, browse, ping, etc. I looked through my firewall rules to see if I am blocking the MikroTik site, but see nothing that applies to the mikrotik.com IP address (159.148.147.196). No change after I turned off several filter rules formerly set up for a remote access scenario that no longer is needed. Does anyone have the IP address for the routerOS repository site? I'd like to try a ping from my desktop. Suggestions most welcome.
I attached (I think I did) the output of /export hide-sensitive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.