I have an hAP AC Lite RB952Ui-5ac2nD-TC. I want it to be just an "access point", sort of like a "wireless/wired switch" with no DHCP server. The hAP lite connects to my main router via Ethernet cable. The main router is the DHCP server so I don't want the hAP AC Lite to give out IP addresses. I plan to administer the device only through WinBox so I don't think I need to assign an IP address to the hAP AC Lite. I'm new with Mikrotik routeros.
Below is how I set it up:
1. Reset Configuration and not loading any default configurations
2. Added a bridge and added eth1, eth2, eth3, eth4, eth5, wlan1, wlan2 to the bridge.
3. Modified the default security profile with dynamic keys, WPA2, SSID, password, etc. Then assigned this profile to wlan1 and wlan2.
It seems to functionally work exactly how I want with both wireless and wired devices getting assigned a IP address from the main router and being able to reach the Intranet and Internet.
1. Is the the best/proper way to setup a device to act only as an Access Point?
2. Besides the WiFi security settings, are there any security setting, firewall setting or administrative settings that I should add to make this setup more secure?