Community discussions

MikroTik App

Erno
just joined
Topic Author

Cloud router

Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Hello!

I'm pretty new to this, and I'm only doing it for a family member. Currently learning how all this works, so I might figure it out sometimes, but any help would be appreciated as I don't really have much free time.
He works in a pretty rural area, and the internet connection is terrible there, so we bought him an LTE router (SXT R if I recall correctly).
We set it up, it worked pretty well, but did not load some websites. I looked around on Google, and adding a NAT rule (namely masquarading in the "wan" out interface list) solved it, and it loaded every site correctly.

Then he needed a switch as well, and we bought a Cloud Router Switch (CRS326-24g-2S+RM), and connected it to the LTE router. (The LTE one is on top of a building for better connection, but the inside network would be managed by the switch).
Now the same problem arose. Some websites load, some don't. (On some Windows 10 PCs, it even says that they don't have a connection, while they do, on mine at least that works correctly.)
I tried fixing it by doing the same thing, but did not work.
I tried to connect the CRS to a different router (so it would reach the internet not via the LTE router,but something else), but it did not work that way either.

As I'm pretty new to this, I'm a bit lost at how to even begin to fix this. (Though I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the firewall settings.)

Well, thanks in advance for your support.