Community discussions

MikroTik App

petofefe
just joined
Topic Author

Maximum speed between 2x SXTsq 5 ac

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:08 am

Hi,
I recently bought and connected a connection between 2x sxtsq 5 ac. The distance between them is 1.3km. The current maximum speeds on the client are: RX - 200mbps, TX - 180mbps. (tested with Btest, UDP).
rx.PNG
tx.PNG
Here is screen from client:
client.PNG
Here on client RX rate is jumping a lot from 6mbps to 390mbps

AP config:
Mode: bridge
Band: 5Ghz/N/AC
Channel width: 20/40/80Mhz XXXX
Frequency: auto
Wireless protocol: 802.11
WPS mode: disabled
Instalation: outdoor
Distance: dynamic
Adaptive Noise Immunity: ap and client mode (when i enabled this speed speed increased to those values, it raised them about 20%)
Enable Nstream: true
other settings are default

Client config:
Mode: station bridge
Band: 5Ghz/N/AC
Channel width: 20/40/80Mhz XXXX
Frequency: auto
Wireless protocol: nv2 nstreame 802.11
WPS mode: disabled
Instalation: outdoor
Distance: dynamic
Adaptive Noise Immunity: ap and client mode (when i enabled this speed speed increased to those values, it raised them about 20%)
Enable Nstream: true
other settings are default

Is there any way to achieve higher speeds, especially RX on the client? I will be very happy if RX will be higher than 300mbps. Thanks for help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Maximum speed between 2x SXTsq 5 ac

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:47 am

BTest is not a good way to test speed on a link, because it needs a LOT of CPU processing power to generate fake data to send.

Test needs to be:

PC --> SXT1 ~~~~ SXT2 --> PC2

Then do test from PC to PC2. I think you will see much higher "real life" speeds.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

petofefe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:50 am

BTest is not a good way to test speed on a link, because it needs a LOT of CPU processing power to generate fake data to send.

Test needs to be:

Then do test from PC to PC2. I think you will see much higher "real life" speeds.
Thanks, i'll try it and then post my speeds here.

petofefe
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Test needs to be:

Thanks, i'll try it and then post my speeds here.
So i already tested it, i used iperf and it shows only: 120/100Mbps. Where could be the problem? Thanks

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:44 am

Well ... using "auto" frequency means not going for a tuned environment.

The AP picked 5520/Ceee (it could have been even worse) , but still it's setting the 80MHz channel somewhere in the middle of that band with only 2 (sometimes up to 3) 80 MHz wide channels.
Better use of that band without overlap is 5500/Ceee , 5580/Ceee (10 minutes startup delay!), and 5640/Ceee (only available if 5720 is allowed in your region)

There is interference in the signal reception (interference it is always at the receiver side only, but it is at THIS receiver).
This makes the ac VHT MCS encoding drop from 866Mbps/80MHz/2S/SGI to 180Mbps/40MHz/2S/SGI , or only the very reduced MCS04 encoding (16-QAM) on the lower freq part of the channel.
This points in the direction of interference on that side. The signal is strong enough, but co-channel interference is not about signal strength.
Interference may come from the original signal by reflection and diffraction, or from any other source transmitting on one of the two 80 MHz wide channels.

My recommendation: check for free airtime with "Freq Usage" and "Snooper" and handpick the channel. Also check the placement of this SXTsq 5 ac. (e.g. it is very sensitive for any other AP nearby, especially in the front direction over a wide angle.)

Seeing 6 Mbps rate with low traffic is normal. This is the basic-rate you use by default for beacons, probes and broadcasts. Changing the basic rate to 12,18 even 24Mbps is one of the known tuning acts. But first get the normal payload datarate up to decent numbers.

petofefe
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 am

Hi,

so I tried multiple frequencies and it looks like only possible for me is 5530 (i think it's 80mhz), because on a lot of frequencies is radar detected. AP can start on 5530, but client can't connect. I tried scanning with client and it looks like it can find only 20mhz.
Where could be the problem? My country is Slovakia. Thanks

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:15 am

Don't forget there is always a 1 minute (and that's a long time if you have to wait for it) before the AP will start. (With frequencies 5600 -5620 -5640 it is 10 minutes !)
That wait time is there at startup and any time you change something to the interface.

With what I see as results, maybe you should aim for a 40 MHz bandwidth.(Set as 20/40MHz Ce) There you can have a 400 Mbps steady interface rate. (240Mbps UDP data rate in one direction)
To avoid the 10 minute wait channels, you could set Skip DFS on "10 min CAC".
As DFS could change the frequency when there is a radar detect, I personally work with the Channel list, to set my ordered preferred list.

Klembord-1.jpg
Also check the "fresnel zone" , on a large distance link, the diameter of the fresnel zone can be quite big.
Klembord-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.