Community discussions

MikroTik App

Gongy
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik Antenna - FTP over SSL port 21 is blocked

Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:10 pm

I have a MikroTik Antenna which has a '3 sim' card in it. I can download and upload OK, but for my work I need to be able to connect to websites using FTP over SSL but I am finding port 21 is blocked on my '3 Network' All my firewall settings are disabled, so it is not the firewall.

My installer says it is the '3 sim' and '3' say it is the Microtik dish.

Has anyone else had this problem or even better know a solution or where the fault is and how it can be fixed?

This is a link to a photo of the dish - sorry it is on top of the house so only have a photo cant see model number Image

Thank you

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik Antenna - FTP over SSL port 21 is blocked

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:16 pm

LHG for wifi have a red logo... probably you have LHGR with LTE... both give just a connection and a limitation in default firewall are as Block from Internet for your safe.
Firewall not block your traffic in 99%.

Post the /ip firewall export file=log.txt

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:26 am

Do you have access to the dish configuration interface? If yes, post the configuration. 99.99% chance that the dish is not blocking anything, I can't imagine why somebody would set up a rule to block port 21.

Also, can you post an example of your "not working" problem? Where are you connecting and what is the error? What program do you use for FTPS?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:15 pm

To further add, having removed all firewall rules is
a. not necessary
b. can be dangerous depending upon the rest of your network configuration.

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish

Will allow us to help you!!!

Gongy
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:52 pm

Sorry for the slow reply - I did not have 'notify me when a reply is posted' checked

I am not sure if I am going to be able to answer you questions as I am not very technical but here it goes! ...
I have downloaded the MikroTik app onto my phone and connected to the rotuer and this is the information;

LHG R
Router ID: MikroTik
RouterOS: 6.45.9 (this will not update to 6.48.1 - the app crashes when I try to update)
Model: RBLHGR

- I have tried the following software programmes Adobe Dreamweaver and Cyberduck to connect via ftp - If I try and do this from my computer using Mikrotik I can no do this
but using the same computer and somones elses (HUAWEI) router it works OK. So I dont believe it is an issue with my computer, computer settings or the software I am using.
I am working on a AppleMAC and AppleMAC support have also remotely accessed my computer and can not find any issues with set up or software.

Please see link to app screen grab - not sure where I find configuration details Image

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:56 am

This mobile app is just for helping stuff.
Device have got a WWW interface but this is for rescue live.
In reality we all use SSH or WinBox App.

You should do a /firewall export file=file-to-share.txt in terminal and share this file.
Default configuration not block the FTP.