Community discussions

MikroTik App

ElektronBorsuk
just joined
Topic Author

help needed: how to connect hAP to Chateau

Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi,
My home network runs on MikroTik Chateau LTE12. Laptops and mobiles are connected with it via WiFi, my workstation is connected via Ethernet. Internet comes from the internal LTE modem.
In the living room I have a MikroTik hAP into which a NAS, Raspberry Pi and a music player are connected (all via Ethernet). In order to control the music player I need to disconnect from the main WiFi network and connect to the hAP WiFi network. Currently Chateau and hAP are not connected to each other and as a result the hAP has no internet access.
What I need is to connect hAP via WiFi into Chateau WiFi network so it becomes a part of the main network. As a result I want the hAP and connected devices to have internet access and be able to control the music play while staying in the main WiFi network.
I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a detailed instruction how to do it :)
I have unsuccessfully tried to follow this wiki: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Transpar ... o_Networks but it didn't work - the WDS interface was disabled and I have no idea how to activate it.

Thank you!

ElainEunice
just joined

Re: help needed: how to connect hAP to Chateau

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:44 am

Looking for new update to the free system sound app.

VeronicaSelina
just joined

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:10 am

Where is the public music mode and switches to playlists on the device?

Raymond899
just joined

Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:31 pm

You can specify a manual static lease for the HAP. with the IP address you want