Community discussions

MikroTik App

EmEmz
just joined
Topic Author

Quickset Mode ?

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:02 pm

Hello guys,

Sorry for the noob question. I have read the manual and watched some tutorial but still i am not sure. Which mode is preferred and best to choose, for example if i install a mikrotik on my office shoud i go for WISP AP ?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Quickset Mode ?

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 pm

What wifi device were you thinking of purchasing?

EmEmz
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:29 pm

What wifi device were you thinking of purchasing?
hAP ac², and i have to configure this behind isp router.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:31 pm

If you insist on MT wifi, at least get the hapac3. Its become clear in the beta forum that very few MT wifi devices will benefit from finally getting a WIFI5 standard working (5 years behind everyone else), like the Audience Mesh stuff and apparently the hapac3. Alternatively get yourself a decent router like the wired RB4011 and be set for the next 10 years as wifi changes. It may cost more but amortized over 10 years its cheap. As for wifi, if on a budget look at the EAP245 from TPLink. I have two and they work much better than my similiar cost and 'advertised & specced" capacs (more stable and get speeds expected, nothing fancy but works, solid).

Assuming you will be getting a public IP from the ISP device????? If not then dont bother with an RB4011 just stick with the hapac3

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:19 am

If you insist on MT wifi, at least get the hapac3. Its become clear in the beta forum that very few MT wifi devices will benefit from finally getting a WIFI5 standard working (5 years behind everyone else), like the Audience Mesh stuff and apparently the hapac3.
Is the hAP ac3 just an ac2 with more memory, storage, and better antennas? I might get one just to use as an AP, not router. But then that would depend on me using cAPsMAN which is useless with wifiwave2. And, I don't want to mess with whatever TP-link's cloud management system is.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:59 am

The extra memory capacity I believe is the reason for its ability to get the improved wifi update when it becomes available.
As for omada cloud crap, I dont use it. I manage TPs via stand alone mode. Works fast and easy.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 am

Hello guys,

Sorry for the noob question. I have read the manual and watched some tutorial but still i am not sure. Which mode is preferred and best to choose, for example if i install a mikrotik on my office shoud i go for WISP AP ?

The difference is with the amount of options each mode opens up. Home users need only wifi password and network name, so there is less to configure, rest is defaults. WISP AP gives a few more options for advanced users. Click on each and see what you get.

EmEmz
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:59 am

Hello guys,

The difference is with the amount of options each mode opens up. Home users need only wifi password and network name, so there is less to configure, rest is defaults. WISP AP gives a few more options for advanced users. Click on each and see what you get.

Thank you! I do not insist on WIFI but needed to understand which mode to choose when i setup the mikrotik.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 pm

No need to enable the WLANS that come with the router and then its only wired.

EmEmz
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:43 pm

No need to enable the WLANS that come with the router and then its only wired.
I understand, thank you! Another quick question.

I have my router ISP as Bridge and then i connect my Mikrotik with Configuration:
Mode : Route.
Address Acquisition: Should i choose static or Automatic ?

And Local network can i use 192.168.1.1 for Mikrotik Ip or this is reserved for Main Isp router ?

Best,