MikroTik App

pfremout
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik WAP

Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Hello,
I'm total new is this WIFI world.
I bought a MikroTik WAP AC. The channel of my WLAN1 2.4 GHz is standard set to 9. I would like to reset it to channel 11.
Is there a possibility to do this in the OS?
Kind regards

satman1w
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MikroTik WAP

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:48 am

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:29 pm

Why didnt you ask for advice prior to purchasing a unit you know nothing about? Thats the one question I am most interested in.

pfremout
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Why didnt you ask for advice prior to purchasing a unit you know nothing about? Thats the one question I am most interested in.
Why don't you stop posting messages if you can't give an interesting answer? That's the second question I am also interested in.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Why don't you stop posting messages if you can't give an interesting answer? That's the second question I am also interested in.
As far as I know this is a forum and anav is not part of the helpdesk (correct me if I'm wrong). And a forum is for starting discussions, not a place to just drop questions and expect it to be answered. Though there are a lot of really nice people taking the time to read about others problems and helping solving them,

Though his question might sound a bit harsh...I (also) am really interested why you choose the wAP ac as accesspoint. Though I love it (and also sometimes hate it), it is really difficult to configure. And, to be honest, your question is beyond novice and can easily be solved by either Googling for it or reading the wiki.

I hope that, after my preach, you still are willing to answer the why the wAP ac question!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:07 pm

Because maybe the OP has time to return the unit you dufus.
My concern is that expectations are met. Sorry if that bothers you!

As for the OP, the best way to configure MT devices is through WINBOX.
Tis an application that runs on windows and you can download it from software section on MT webpage.
Takes a bit to get used to of course but the best thing on it is at the top a SAFE button called SAFE MODE.

When configuring the device, ensure its in safe mode, when you make a change, wait 5 seconds, if the router doesnt kick you out, then you can unlick safe mode for a second and the change will be accepted. Dont forget to turn safe mode back on.
IF the router burps you out, it usually means that you didnt something it didnt like. No worries just hit the reconnect button on the initial winbox page and you will be right back where you left off and probably a good time to ask for help LOL.