MikroTik App

zehaeff
just joined
Topic Author

Vodafone Station / RBwAPG-60ad kit / cAP ac

Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Hi,

I have set up the following constellation:
ISP ---------------- Bridge Master  -  -  -  - Bridge Slave ---------------- Switch --------------- Access Point
|                          |                          |                         |                          |
Vodafone Station       wAPG-60ad                  wAPG-60ad                Zyxel GS1200-5HP             cAP ac
(192.168.0.1)        (192.168.88.3)            (192.168.88.2)                                        (192.168.88.1)
The switch is mainly used as PoE power supply for bridge slave and AP.
At the beginning, I set up a short test "in the kitchen" - the same constellation but with the old ISP (DSL / FritzBox) - no configuration on the (preconfigured) MikroTic devices at all - That worked! I had internet on the cAP.

Then I installed the wAPGs at the place they are intended for (outside, 20m distance, sight contact) and attached the new ISP. Result: No Internet at the AP and no Traffic over the bridge. On slave side it looks not bad - I can reach the AP and bridge slave via IP address with WINBOX (PC plugged into the switch). But I see no traffic on the bridge. On Master side it's confusing: I cant' reach the bridge master with WINBOX via IP (PC plugged into Vodafone Station) only via MAC address. When I logged in via MAC address the first time, the RouterOS looked like a simple AP - no bridge. After a reboot that changed to the look of the slave, and I thought, that was the problem - but I have still no Internet. No traffic shown on the 60GHz route ...

What's wrong? Would be nice, if somebody has an idea ...

LG,
Chris

zehaeff
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Vodafone Station / RBwAPG-60ad kit / cAP ac

Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:07 am

Ok, it looks better now ... obviously, the master of the wireless bridge lost it's configuration while plugging on and off - and came up with a different SSID and password on the 60GHz network. After fixing that, I got a connection.

Some questions to the experts:
1.) The so called "wireless wire" kit, the RBwAPG-60ad kit comes preconfigured. If I press the reset button for 5 seconds on that kit, what configuration will be present after that? The the "wireless wire" configuration?
2.) How can I prevent a change of the configuration? Do I have to shutdown the device befor unplugging?

BR