Community discussions

MikroTik App

jamsden
Topic Author

New user - 610-8G-2S+IN - not working as expected

Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:16 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm a new user, for both MikroTik and this forum.
I bought a new 610-8G-2S+IN, just wanted to expand my current, simple, network with few more ethernet ports. I have a VSDL Router (can I say the brand?) connected to my ISP, and this router has also one Extender/AP, on the second floor, connected via a 100Mb cable. Everything is working fine, no problem whatsoever, but as I said, I just wanted more ports beside the router: a NAS, a network printer and a PC filled the four ports.
I decided to put the Switch CSS610-8G-2S+IN between the router and the access point, no VLAN or anything. Port 1 of CSS to LAN1 of the router, port 2 to extender, port 3 to 6 to the other devices.
The problem is that the extender keep disconnecting, and devices connected to it don't work, or work for a short amount of time. Other devices connected to the switch seem to work fine. I also noticed that my zigbee gateway, connected via lan to extender, doesn't work at all, and gets an IP from a different net (192.168.0.X my main VLAN, the gateway gets 192.168.1.1).
Connecting the extender back to a router port solves the problem.
Am I doing anything wrong?

I can also say that the cable between the switch (or router) and the extender is long, and SwOS/Link says 30m, and shows some info in the column after flow control like 1m and _SO.
Thank you very much, any help appreciated.

jamsden
Topic Author

Re: New user - 610-8G-2S+IN - not working as expected

Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:42 pm

Just a screenshot update:
https://postimg.cc/tZQyGFNS

Could it be that CSS610 is much more 'sensible' to long cable than the router?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jamsden on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamsden
Topic Author

Re: New user - 610-8G-2S+IN - not working as expected

Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:14 pm

Well, in the end I removed Flow Control and set bandwidth to 100Mb. Connection seems to work exactly as with D8500.