Community discussions

MikroTik App

clouduser000
just joined
Topic Author

how can I allocate Public IPs to certain ether port based on PPPoE Connection? (Mikrotik hap ac2)

Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:17 am

Hi All, how are you?

I am very new to Router OS including handling network, and using HAP ac2.
Like title, I am using PPPoE connection for the internet that ISP provided, and Public IPs.

What the ISP provides is one public IP and xxx/29 (public IPs).
The one public IP has different range from xxx/29 like:
- the one public IP : a.b.3.1
- xxx/29 : a.b.205.1/29
only a and b ranges are same, but different from c class.

As yet, I have used NAT IP to allocate public IPs to privates, technically no issue, but servers use internal private IP setting up.
But due to some reason, I would like to directly allocate public /29 IPs to certain ether port (ether 5), then servers would have its own public IP as local IP, instead of private IP.

For that, I have tried to introduce the way of viewtopic.php?t=136880 to my network situation because it seems very similar case to mine, but still failed.

What I feel is there is one difference between the like and my case.
In the reference link, ISP provides /29 IPs only, but in my case, ISP provided one public IP plus /29 IPs.
When my router connects through PPPoE with a default route option, my router's gateway is set by the public IP - a.b.3.1, not /29 IPs, so my servers cannot be allocated one of /29 IPs, even cannot find and ping to gateway when the one of /29 IPs is manually configured to the server.
I know /29 IPs come through the public IP - a.b.3.1 though.

What I have tried is to use RIP to route /29 IPs from PPPoE like the reference link, but still failed.
Please advise me how to allocate /29 IPs to directly certain ether port.

Thank you all and have good days.