Community discussions

MikroTik App

tomtom85
just joined
Topic Author

VRRP both Master in current Versions?!

Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:59 pm

Hi,

I have the situation that from time to time a customer of us wants a Mikrotik Router Failover configuration. I use VRRP for it in a simple setup (2 same Router - one Master the other Backup with some scripts in Master and Backup State)
A few weeks ago, I took my default installation script and recognized, that the VRRP is not working anymore. Both Routers are in Master state!! its a RB3011 (ARM)...

Today I had some time and tested it also in Lab conditions.
I have two old RB750 and tried it with all current RouterOS Versions 6.47.9 (Long-term) 6.48.1 (Stable) and 6.49beta22 (Testing) from the webpage

I always reseted them to default configuration after up/downgrade and copy pasted the Basic Setup scripts from the Manual https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:V ... nd_scripts just to be sure to avoid typos or other wrong config I thought ;-)

Its the same, both Routers stay at Master always. I also checked the Revistion Historys for the last year(s) but cant find any mayjor changes to VRRP.
I also tried different VRRP Versions and Authentication in the VRRP options but without success....

Can someone confirm this or do I miss something ?!?

Thanks a lot