Community discussions

MikroTik App

gedefili
just joined
Topic Author

Hardware Noob

Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:48 pm

Okay. I have a LTAP lte6 kit which works great. the included r11e-lte6 card has two MHF1 pigtails to some kind of routerboard antenna. I bought a second r11e-lte6 (greece) to install to use firewall rules (mangle) to load balance two sim cards for increased speed.

So I believe the r11e-lte6 has ipex mhf1 male connectors and I need female to something. I'm happy with the internal antenna.

So can I somehow connect the new card to the same board that shipped with the modem?
Do I need more antennas?
Should I move to an external antenna?

I'm going to be putting these in a bunch of remote offices for backup wireless into a wlan load balancer for LTE backup for wireless drops and will want to be able to have dual sim load balancing onboard.

Sorry the card came with nothing to connect it to an antenna so I need some pigtails to something not sure what would work best? Mikrotik doesn't seem to sell the board. Not sure if I can just solder or add the other two pigtails to the same board (solder or whatever).
Its a dumb question, but I have the new card (r11e-lte6) installed, but nothing connected to the main and aux like the factory installed one and not sure what to do.

If there is an option I'd go internal to keep it all in the box. Can go external, but I'm now pricing 20 ltap lte6 kits plus 20 r11e-lte6 cards and whatever I need to support those dual carded modems and need them to be weather proof. So looking for what ever makes sense and has the least moving parts and prefer as I may be installing in rugged places not to have to solder anything.

Geoffrey

Regards,
Geoff

gedefili
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hardware Noob

Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm

Any chance for some input here? I'm in the USA for two more weeks before I head back to Africa and I have a limited window to get the correct parts before I head to Europe and then Africa which will be exceedingly difficult.

In summary looking for recommendations or articles on how to best hook up a second LTE6 card or if I should just source different dual sim modems at this point to deploy to places that don't have wired connection, but do have 4G.

No I do not understand the nuances of antennas or if they can even be soldered together or if the signal has to use a splitter. So I am at a loss.

Really appreciate any support provided.

Thank you,
Geoffrey

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hardware Noob

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:24 pm

Suggesting talking to major distributors in the states..........
ISP Supplies for example!! They are more likely to have technicians that know.
https://mikrotik.com/buy/northamerica/usa

Alternatively check out the list of USA consultants, it sounds like paying for advice may be well worth it!!
https://mikrotik.com/consultants/northamerica/usa