Community discussions

MikroTik App

Wrighty
just joined
Topic Author

RB1100ahx4 configuration

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:24 am

Hi,

I'm not a total newbie to MikroTik products (already own hAP AC lites, SXT LTE6 kit and have set up various others for people). However, we've just bought a RB1100ahx4 for a project, as it looked perfect for the job and I'm a bit stuck setting it up how I'd envisaged. I've looked at various examples, but I'm still none the wiser :/

Essentially, what we need is this:

Ports 1-5 (switch 1) = VLAN 10 with a DHCP server assigning 192.168.10.x addresses
Ports 6-10 (switch 2) = VLAN 20 with a DHCP server assigning 192.168.20.x addresses
One WAN port with DHCP client enabled (eg. port 13) for internet access

VLAN 10 and VLAN 20 should be isolated from each other.

VLAN 10 needs management access to the router.

Both VLANs need internet access, ideally with the ability to enable/disable it easily on VLAN 20, as this would only be used under certain circumstances.

At the moment, I've got Ports 1-10 in a bridge and Port 13 is my WAN port. It's all working fine, doing DHCP, routing, etc.

I started trying to configure VLANs and this is where I got stuck. I'm using Winbox, as I'm more comfortable with that than CLI at the moment.

Do I use Interfaces > VLAN, or Bridge > VLANs, or Switch > VLAN?

I've discovered this model only has basic switch chips in it, which don't support VLANs. Is this going to cause a problem?

Thanks in advance!