Community discussions

MikroTik App

muneer
just joined
Topic Author

I have Mikrotik RB4011 Router for home network and Oenvpn account I want to use this vpn for just 2 Devices

Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:06 pm

I am a new user of Mikrotik products I have a Mikrotik Rb4011 router in home network and I want to use Openvpn account in ovpn Client option , but I want this VPN for just two devices and the rest of the network without a vpn this network Is DHCP and I can not make static ip in this devices Can I filter devices by mac address to use this vpn or is there any solution to filtering devices .
Could you please put complete method in mikrotik interface to do that Because I do not have experience with mikrotik thank you Very Mush

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: I have Mikrotik RB4011 Router for home network and Oenvpn account I want to use this vpn for just 2 Devices

Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:03 pm

You can add a fixed reservation in the Mikrotik DHCP server, so that your specific devices are always issued with the same addresses. Go to IP / DHCP Server / Leases, find your particular device, right click and select "Make Static". Once it's static you can double-click the entry, and edit the actual IP address to something memorable.