Community discussions

MikroTik App

mitjad
just joined
Topic Author

RBwAPR-2nD connect to Wifi (extend home WiFi)

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi there, sorry for a possibly stupid question, but I have Googled, watched youtube videos, read a lot of PDF and web instructions, reset my RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LoRa8 too many times and still no luck.

I have a RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LoRa8 router (LoRa not needed at the moment) that I would like to use as WiFi extender. My current WiFi does not reach my NODE MCU based sensor.
I use this PDF instructions - https://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/ ... 599323.pdf (combining other instructions) and can not connect to my WiFi.
I reset my Mikrotik router, connect over Mikrotik WiFI AP and open WinBox64. I create a new profile for my sensor to connect to Mikrotik. (PDF-step4.1 - OK)
I use this security profile on my wlan1 interface, everything else is already set (PDF-step4.2 - OK)
I leave IP adress for AP as it is (PDF-step4.3 - OK)
- adress: 192.168.88.1/24
- network: 192.168.88.0
- interface: wlan1
I leave DNS server as it is, Allow remote Requests is already checked - (PDF-step4.4 - OK)
I leave DHCP server for AP as it is (PDF-step4.5 - OK)
I can concect to my Mikrotik with above set security settings and get IP from IP address pool - (PDF-step4.6 - OK), well nothing basically changed, except the security profile

Now I need to connect my Mikrotik to my HOME WIFI.
I get the SSID and frequency of my home ASUS router.
I do not need to change the frequency, it is ok - 20 (PDF-step5.3 - OK)
I create a new security profile, with a password that is needed for my ASUS HOME WIFI router - (PDF-step5.4 - OK)
I create a Virtual Wierelss with STATION mode (PDF-step5.5 - OK)
I set up DHCP client to wlan2, enabled (PDF-step5.7 - OK) But: no IP address, status: stopped???
I set up NAT - (PDF-step5.9 - OK)

The router is still not connected to my HOME WIFI. Any ideas or links to instructions?
Thank you for help.

Mitja

p.s. is it possible to connect to my Mikrotik router over the one and only Ethernet port, instead of the Mikrotik_xxx WiFi. The setup would be easier.