MikroTik App

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

RB4011 - Winbox Error "router does not support secure connection"

Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:55 am

Hi,

I've suddenly today started getting this error when I try to connect to my RB4011 (but not when I connect to the SXT). I last connected a day or so ago and adjusted some routes. Winbox version (v6.47.7) and RoS versions have not changed in the last month or so. If I enable legacy connection in Winbox the connection times out without explicit error. The router appears to be working normally aside from management connections.
  • SSH times out
  • Web interface gets as far as username/password dialogue box but after a very long wait comes back with authentication failure
  • Telnet prompts for password but not user name, then similar to web it waits a very long time before coming back with "Login failed, incorrect username or password", with a prompt for user name this time, but still gives a login error.
Any ideas? At the moment the router is still forwarding traffic apparently normally, so can reboot just now. I will try mid day, but would be interested in any ideas about the root cause.

Thanks, Tony S

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: RB4011 - Winbox Error "router does not support secure connection"

Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:31 pm

I ended up rebooting and normal operation returned.
Quick look has already shown that this is apparently a known issue with the RB4011 with no specific answer from Mikrotik regarding the underlying issue. A bit disappointing because other than this issue the router is ideal for my installation.