Community discussions

MikroTik App

retiradas
just joined
Topic Author

Can't ping AP in a very simple setup

Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:08 pm

Hey, I'm really new to all this!

I have a NanoStation5 as AP and I'm trying to connect to it with a Groove Metal SSHP as station. I can connect to the NanoStation using another NanoStation, the connection so far is good. I've assured the NS5 is using the 811.2 protocol and there's no enabled Nstreme. So it's simply:

Internet (gateway 10.1.1.1) <---> NS5 AP (10.1.1.254) <---> Groove Metal (10.1.1.123) <---> My Computer (10.1.1.2)

Using winbox for the config, apparently it succefully registers (registration tab on Wireless Tables) and in the IP routes window it says the gateway is "reachable", but I can't even ping the AP from the groove or connect to the internet. Everything timeouts and I can't figure out why!

Here's the exported file:
/interface bridge
add name=bridge1
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] country=brazil disabled=no frequency=5660 ssid=\
    "AP"
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1
add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan1
/ip address
add address=10.1.1.123/24 interface=bridge1 network=10.1.1.0
/ip dns
set servers=8.8.8.8
/ip route
add distance=1 gateway=10.1.1.1
Thanks!

retiradas
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Can't ping AP in a very simple setup

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Just to offer some closure if anyone ever ends here googling: couldn't find the issue. I've switched the AP to another Mikrotik, which I've managed to make work with a Nano CPE in the past. This was more of a test than anything, so it's not a big deal it failed. If anyone else worked with this setup or have any idea what's wrong and wants to chime in please do, just in case someone else needs something like this in the future.