Community discussions

MikroTik App

tomlouwell
just joined
Topic Author

LAN Traffic Passing To MT!!

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Hello!

I setup a diskless server(pxe server). All clients and server is connected directly to a dumb switch at same subnet. Mikrotik handles the dhcp/gateway. Now, I want to route LAN traffic from client to switch to server directly. The problem is that the traffic from
PC01 -> Dumb switch -> to Mikrotik ether2 interface then on my bridge then out to eth2 -> switch again then to -> Server.
Maybe the traffic is passing to cpu since I see cpu spiking to 25%. Also I see traffic going to my simple queues. I tried to disable all mangle and queues but traffic is still passing to mikrotik. What should I do to prevent this from happening.
Sorry for my english.

WAN --> Mikrotik Hex GR3 --> 16PORT unmanaged Gbe switch connected to Hex eth2 port.

horstkevin

Re: LAN Traffic Passing To MT!!  [SOLVED]

Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 am

hi ho,

as you can see here
https://mikrotik.com/product/RB750Gr3#f ... ifications
your device has a MT7621A CPU inside.

The feature you are searching for is "hardware offloading".
So the traffic is switched in switch-chip and doesnt go through the cpu.

here you can see what hardware-offloading-features are supported by your CPU:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... Offloading

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LAN Traffic Passing To MT!!

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:42 am

PC01 -> Dumb switch -> to Mikrotik ether2 interface then on my bridge then out to eth2 -> switch again then to -> Server

So your router is connected to switch with single ethernet cable, connected to ether2? Unless PC01 and Server are in different subnets (and RB has two IP addresses set on ether2/bridge) this definitely should not happen. If it does, it's due to mis-configuration on either PC01 or Server or both. Otherwise the dumb switch should pass traffic between PC01 and Server directly without bothering router.

tomlouwell
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LAN Traffic Passing To MT!!

Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:40 pm

I let my diskless server handle the dhcp and I also enabled the HW Offload and it works okay now. Thanks for the reply!