Community discussions

MikroTik App

bcmdevtl
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE client for ether2

Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:54 am

# First post # Running ROS 6.47.1
We have a RADIUS server running on a cloud server while our MT routers are placed whereever the customer is. Today users connected to the routers can authenticate directly via the hotspot functionality or PPPoE from their own routers. Now I have a requirement that that users connected to ether2 and ether3 should be able to connect a router to these ports and get access without needing to configure PPPoE on their on WAN port, but I still need to be able to authenticate these ports based on what they are subscribing to.

On the MTs we have two services configured to point to our cloud server (ppp and hotspot). So all working in the original setup but can't wrap my head aorund how to get this sorted. Anyone could lead the blind here?

loloski
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: PPPoE client for ether2  [SOLVED]

Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Hey,

hmm... interesting since PPPoE connection is out of the question on ether2 and ether3 how about bind this two ports on a dhcp server somewhere in your network authenticate them via the radius located in your cloud, Please check if mikrotik support dhcp + radius I'm done this in the other known gear but not here in mikrotik