MikroTik App

kuntum
just joined
Topic Author

Ask About Load Balancing with PCC

Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:51 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new with mikrotik. just bought a CCR1036-8G-2S+
and I'm going to make a load balancing for several Internet Links for my office.
read some documents but can't quite find what i'm looking for..

Is there a limitation on how many wan links, or denominator I could set up ?
if all wan links speed rate is 100Mbps

Thank you..

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Ask About Load Balancing with PCC

Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm

No limitations I am aware of, note that one cannot aggregate throughput for a single connection event but you will have more bandwidth overall to share with users.
The other advantage of redundancy does not apply here assuming the wan links are from the SAME isp.

kuntum
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Ask About Load Balancing with PCC

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm

No limitations I am aware of, note that one cannot aggregate throughput for a single connection event but you will have more bandwidth overall to share with users.
The other advantage of redundancy does not apply here assuming the wan links are from the SAME isp.

thanks for your answer anav, so it should be fine as long as my router health such as CPU, Memory are fine, and all WAN bandwidth is utilized right?
currently we have internet from 8 ISP all over the place, we want to centralized it for easier management purpose..

I read a brief about redudancy or failover with PCC, when ISP1 is up but link quality is bad, intermittent, high latency or many drop packet detected from it. routing for ISP1 won't go down right ? or maybe it goes flapping up-down that will affect connection via ISP1.. so when ISP1 facing that problem, I imagined that let say user A stream youtube via ISP1 but at the same time downloading a file via ISP2, the youtube video is going to maybe facing a buffering or something.. but won't affect the download.. am I assume it right?

also is there a way to detect something like bad quality links I mentioned above? so when it detect, router knows it need to disable routing and send the connection to another WAN..