Community discussions

MikroTik App

honza69
just joined
Topic Author

EoIP problem, MAC addresses

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:44 pm

I have an EoIP connection configured between two mikrotik routers. Everything works fine, but on one side there was a problem that sometimes it was broken network connection between hosts on this LAN. When I turn off EoIP everything works fine.
After establishing the EoIP connection on the router, I observe a strange values in the ARP table. Some MAC addresses are assigned from the bridge interface of second router
Running Tools-> IP scan I get double MAC addresses. The second MAC address is from the bridge interface of the second router.
How can this problem be solved?

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: EoIP problem, MAC addresses

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:04 pm

You didn't post much info so the best guess I have is, that you enabled arp proxy on that bridge from the second router.

If you disable it, your bridge should stop responding with arp answers and your double entries should disappear.

honza69
just joined
Topic Author

Re: EoIP problem, MAC addresses

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:08 pm

You didn't post much info so the best guess I have is, that you enabled arp proxy on that bridge from the second router.

If you disable it, your bridge should stop responding with arp answers and your double entries should disappear.
Thank you for your response.
When I have ARP disabled on both sides, I cannot connect between the LANs via EoIP. I had local-proxy-arp and then the problem was there. I changed to proxy-arp and things look better.
The error occurs sporadically and it is difficult to tell if everything is okay.
I'm not an expert but once I have dealt with the problem, I want to know how it works, but unfortunately not everything is described so that it can be directly transferred to the used configuration.