Community discussions

MikroTik App

ivma87
just joined
Topic Author

Configuration multiple wan and wisp

Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Hello!
I need to set up router for live video streaming from multiple location with different type of internet connection. lan/wifi/4g.
Hardware list: Mikrotik RBD52G-5HacD2HnD-TC, blackmagic atem mini pro, laptop.
I need to stream from 3-4 locations with different internet source. I use same set up and moving from one location to another with same router. I need to set up wan reservation with prioritising 1.wan/lan(eth1), 2.wifi from local network 3.wifi from smartphone with ttl lock, 4.usb 4g. Also I need to save multiple ssids, I mean, when router is turned on, it should operate like smartphone, connect to saved ssids, without reconfigurating router.
I've find threads about wan reservation it usually about 2-3 wan(lan) connections, and checking ping.

ivma87
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Configuration multiple wan and wisp

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:57 am

Ok. I've made basic set up. Based on quick set wisp ap. I added dhcp client on bridge, now if i connect router to local network within eth2-5 router works like local switch, all local pc and other hardware is accessible. But I have to reboot router after wire connection for it, if I don't mikrotik's dhcp will give ips from it's pool, and if connect local wire network ips on laptop stays same and network is unaccessible, so I have to reboot to reset ips. Can it be fixed?

Wire connection on eth 1 works ok.
I made master wifi on 2,4 and 5 and add it to local bridge. works ok

I made virtual stations for different wifi connections. I added wan interfaces for it. Dhcp clients for it. The most problem with it is frequency selection, master interface (wifi ap) selects frequency and virtual station tryes to find ssid on that frequency so, if auto frequency is wrong than station does not connects to ssid. Can it be fixed? Why cant it work like on laptop or smartphone?

I saw the wiki line "Note: Virtual interfaces will always use the Master interface wireless frequency. If the Master interface has 'auto' frequency enabled it will use the wireless frequency that the Master interface selected." from https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... s#Overview But I really need that auto selection for autoconnection to multiple saved stations, than use that frequency for ap bridge.

Another one problem is multiple wan connections and prioritising it, I tried make it trough rout/general/distance (interfaces are selected as gateways, ips are dynamic), But it doesn't work, mikrotik creates routs for connections and uses it. How to fix it?
thanks)