Standard procedures to do a Winbox MAC connection is so easy as soon as you know how to set a static IP in your windows/linux machine. If you don't have that knowledge, you won't be able to connect and what's more, you sure you don't need a RouterOS machine at all.
If you are using a Routerboard board, you must use the Ethernet port that is POE-capable, MAC Winbox won't work on the others (or at least, hasn't worked to me). Or generally, you must use Ether1 port. If you don't know which is, try on all ports.
0. Power On RouterOS machine. Let it load, first boot takes a bit more.
1. If youy are using a laptop or a computer with a wireless connection, turn it off. Disconnect from Acces Point, turn off laptop switch, or disable interface, whatever you want, there are thousands of options there.
2. Select a ethernet interface in your computer (if you have more than one) and connect it using a ethernet cable to the routerOS machine.
3. Set a IP/subnet mask to the selected interface. You know how to do it
. IP address doesn't matter at all at this moment, but should be in the same range that RouterOS Machine will be, to save some time after initial config.
4. Disable or disconnect cable from the unused ethernet adapters (if you have more than one).
5. Open winbox, I suposse yu have it (http://www.mikrotik.com/download/winbox.exe
6. Make sure there's no IP/MAC written in the address field, I had problems discovering MACs when there are addresses in there.
7. Click the [...] button and wait for your RouterOS MAC appear. Click on it.
8. Enter username and password in their respective fields. By default, username is: admin
and there is no password, leave it blank.
9. Click [Connect] and wait for login process to finish.
10. Do a basic configuration to your RouterOS machine. Set the desired IPs and click [Exit] on windows. Make sure to remember the assigned IP address.
11. Configure your computer IP address to the same range that RouterOS, if you didn't set in the same range before.
12. Enter RouterOS machine IP address in Winbox Address field, and continue configuration process.
That's all folks!