Community discussions

MikroTik App

kallileo
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac lite as NAT device

Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:37 pm

Hi,

I have a piece of farming machinery that has two Ethernet devices (HMI and IO Board) that I want to incorporate into the farm's network but without altering the IP's (192.168.0.200 and 201) of the devices in the machine.
So I want to use hAP ac lite as a NAT device so the MQTT client running on the HMI of the machine can access the Internet and I want to be able to do it both using wired and wireless interfaces to connect to farm's network but not simultaneously.

For wired connection I think it's not that difficult:
1. Bridge port 2-4 to create a switch
2. Setup DHCP client on port Eth1
3. Create NAT rule for source NAT with masquerade and Eth1 as outgoing port

But I have some problems with the setup of the wireless connection.
Which wireless option should I use for wlan1? AP bridge, station or station bridge?
The Internet router on the farm could be any brand.

jonah1810
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: hAP ac lite as NAT device

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:17 pm

AP Bridge. 802.11. The other options are for receiving not transmitting. add wlan to bridge

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: hAP ac lite as NAT device

Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Since you want to use the wireless to connect to remote networks, you will want to use mode=station. Create a dhcp-client for the wlan also. If you have need to remember the connections, you can use the wireless connect-list. You will also either add another src-nat rule for wlan or change first one to use out-interface-list and add both interfaces as members of the same interface-list.