Community discussions

MikroTik App

zonkimwald
just joined
Topic Author

Odd/Inconsistent behavior between RB4k1 and AVM Fritzbox

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi Experts,
hope to pick someones brains a bit because I don't know all the knobs to tweak on RouterOS yet...

I have the following (lab) setup
2021-04-20_16-26-53.jpg
My SDN (vmw NSX-T) Environment (172.16/12) is connected via bgp to my RB4001 (works like a charm btw)
in the (shared) 192.168.123/24 segment , the .1 is the Fritz, .22 the DNS, .10 the RB4k1.

the RB is also serving as DHCP server for that segment (Option 121 for avoiding redirects from the Fritzbox).

When I try to ping internet (8.8.4.4 e.g) OR my DNS from the virtual environment (172.17.0.20 e.g) this causes some inconsistent behavior:

Sometimes it works but after (5sec to 15min) the ping dies OR does not work from the beginning but I can ping from the DNS towards the virtual env.

As soon I do a ping from the RB to the .1 Fritz, everything works again immediately.

SO: Its likely an ARP issue , it seems that the Fritz is forgetting the MAC of the RB. Since there is no way to tinker with the Fritzes arp table , is there any way to "force feed" the rb MAC to it?

leaving console session open to ping I do find a bit tiring *lol*

Thanks,

Olli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.