MikroTik App

broderick
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

What is the issue with DUDE and SNMP?

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:42 pm

Hi,
A few days ago, I first upgraded my RouterOS to version 6.48.2 on my hap ac2, I then downloaded DUDE client 6.48.2 too.
I had already DUDE server installed on my Mikrotik before I upgraded RouterOS. Was Dude server also upgraded with the system automatically? How can I check that?

Anyway, I connected the client to the server and scanned my LAN.
I wanted to use the snmp to check the bandiwith on each link but there is no item in the field "Interface" as you can see in ther image underneath:

Why? What's the issues and how can I fix it?

Thanks

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: What is the issue with DUDE and SNMP?

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:48 pm

A few days ago, I first upgraded my RouterOS to version 6.48.2 on my hap ac2, I then downloaded DUDE client 6.48.2 too.
I had already DUDE server installed on my Mikrotik before I upgraded RouterOS. Was Dude server also upgraded with the system automatically? How can I check that?

In principle all installed packages get upgraded at the same time. Having packages with version different than system package is not supported and upgrade procedure should abort and revert if such condition would exist after upgrade procedure is done.
You can verify package versions by checking /system package print.

I can't give any comment on your basic issue as I don't use the dude.

broderick
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:53 pm

In principle all installed packages get upgraded at the same time. Having packages with version different than system package is not supported and upgrade procedure should abort and revert if such condition would exist after upgrade procedure is done.
You can verify package versions by checking /system package print.

I can't give any comment on your basic issue as I don't use the dude.
[admin@mytik] >  /system package print 
Flags: X - disabled 
 #   NAME                                                  VERSION                                                 SCHEDULED              
 0   routeros-arm                                          6.48.2                                                                         
 1   system                                                6.48.2                                                                         
 2 X ipv6                                                  6.48.2                                                                         
 3   wireless                                              6.48.2                                                                         
 4   hotspot                                               6.48.2                                                                         
 5   mpls                                                  6.48.2                                                                         
 6   routing                                               6.48.2                                                                         
 7   ppp                                                   6.48.2                                                                         
 8   dhcp                                                  6.48.2                                                                         
 9   security                                              6.48.2                                                                         
10   advanced-tools                                        6.48.2                                                                         
11   dude                                                  6.48.2  

I of course enabled dude server in settings and snmp in IP>SNMP

Thanks

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:13 pm

on the image whit open menu you obscure what is writed under....
you select on device the routerboard,
you select mastering type SNMP?
you select inside device property the right snmp profile?
how is configured snmp on routerboard?

broderick
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 pm

I think so. I selected its IP address.
Yes.
Where exactly should I check it?
I just enabled it

Thanks

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:37 pm

I think so. I selected its IP address.
Yes.
Where exactly should I check it?
I just enabled it

Thanks

paste this on terminal,

/snmp community set [find default=yes] addresses=0.0.0.0/0 authentication-password="" authentication-protocol=MD5 encryption-password="" encryption-protocol=DES name=public read-access=yes security=none write-access=no
/snmp set contact="" enabled=yes engine-id="" location="" trap-community=public trap-generators=temp-exception trap-target=0.0.0.0 trap-version=2 src-address=0.0.0.0

supposing you do not have any firewall or other rules to block the connections,

and on dude, open the object router_mikrotik and on top-right select on snmp-profile "v2-public"

if routerboard have any public IP address, remember, after your tests, to disable snmp until you know how to secure the routerboard.

broderick
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:52 pm

paste this on terminal,
/snmp community set [find default=yes] addresses=0.0.0.0/0 authentication-password="" authentication-protocol=MD5 encryption-password="" encryption-protocol=DES name=public read-access=yes security=none write-access=no
/snmp set contact="" enabled=yes engine-id="" location="" trap-community=public trap-generators=temp-exception trap-target=0.0.0.0 trap-version=2 src-address=0.0.0.0
supposing you do not have any firewall or other rules to block the connections,
and on dude, open the object router_mikrotik and on top-right select on snmp-profile "v2-public"
I followed your instruction. As far as I know, nothing changed. Interfaces still don't show up.
if routerboard have any public IP address, remember, after your tests, to disable snmp until you know how to secure the routerboard.
No public Ip

Thanks

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:05 pm

I followed your instruction. As far as I know, nothing changed. Interfaces still don't show up.

;( too few elements, for me, to hypotize another problem