Community discussions

MikroTik App

kaponya
just joined
Topic Author

Combine more Vlan's traffice to one acces port

Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi All,

I need to find a solution to combine for a single receiver UDP multicast stream's from different VLAN. Details: ISP gave me a service on a RJ45 port. 3 Different UDP stream in 3 different VLAN.
I have a receiver, which can not handle VLANS, so I can connect it only to accesport, but I want to receive all 3 UDP mulicast stream in the same time.
The receiver has only one port. It means I need to untag all 3 VLAN, and combine them to one RJ45 port w/o VLAN's. How to do that ? Which unit's I will need ? Router, switch ?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Combine more Vlan's traffice to one acces port

Mon May 03, 2021 6:43 pm

Any of RouterOS devices can untag multiple VLANs on single ethernet port.

The problem you might encounter is this: usually multicast clients have to subscribe to streams and that has to be done through correct VLAN. It is only possible to tag for single VLAN on ingress, hence multicast client will only be able to subscribe to one multicast stream.

Unless the streams are pouring always without subscription ...

kaponya
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am

You are right, but I think it is possible to route the UDP traffic to the port, where receiver server is connected, so multicast should be there anyway, without join message.
OR ? How to route ?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am

As I wrote: it's simple to untag multiple VLANs on a single port. E.g. if there are 3 VLANs with multicast streams with VLAN IDs 100, 200 and 300 ... and you have fourth VLAN for other IP communication of said device (e.g. management) with ID 999, then you would configure a bridge like this:
/interface bridge
add name=bridgeMCAST vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridgeMCAST interface=<uplink interface> ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged
add bridge=bridgeMCAST interface=<untagged client interface> ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged pvid=999
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridgeMCAST tagged=<uplink interface> untagged=<untagged client interface> vlan-ids=100,200,300
add bridge=bridgeMCAST untagged==<untagged client interface> vlan-ids=999
The last line is kind of redundant as interfaces with pvid set are automatically added as untagged ports to corresponding VLAN ID.

Mind that the example above is incomplete with regard to management access to device (you would have to either add a LAN port to bridge with same pvid where you would connect management station. Or something in this line.