Community discussions

MikroTik App

rigatech
just joined
Topic Author

ISP switched to Mikrotik 1009

Wed May 05, 2021 9:11 pm

I am a new ISP. We have started with Mikrotik CCR 1009.

We were using small Mikrotik routers before. We just became ISP ourself because no ISP wanted to serve our small hilly town.
We are using Mikrotik CCR 1009.

Here is the setup.
1. Fibre SFP1 ..... WAN 1
2. Ether 5.................. WAN 2 (setup as failover)

3. Ether 2 .......... PPPoE using /24 Public IP Pool. serving 80 clients.

Above configuration is fine and working perfectly.

Now I want to do following. Please if any expert on RouterOS can Help me out

1. i have second pool /24 of Public IP
2. Some clients want 2,4,8 (/30 /29 etc) static IP. (if any client uses one static IP i can give easily in PPPOe)
3. How can i use second pool and use this. (is vlan good)

Thanks

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ISP switched to Mikrotik 1009

Thu May 06, 2021 2:11 pm

Presumably the second /24 is routed to you, and you drop or reject any unused addresses to prevent routing loops.

With PPPoE there is no need for VLANs to provide multiple addresses - if using RADIUS include a Framed-Route attribute to forward whatever sized subnet to the client.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 06, 2021 2:35 pm

I must go away and return later, but the second /24 where are coming from?

you have one /24 with two address used 1 from ISP 1 from your WAN
or you have one /24 throug two separated IP for "PTP" from ISP and you?
on this last case, simply add new IP pool to already existent pppoe-server pool

add both full /24 pool to blackhole on route with disctance=2 for skip loop and scan,
when someone connect/use public ip on pppoe, it add automatically route with distance=1 to CPE

The failover route all /24 or you masquerade?

rigatech
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 07, 2021 8:17 pm

Presumably the second /24 is routed to you, and you drop or reject any unused addresses to prevent routing loops.

With PPPoE there is no need for VLANs to provide multiple addresses - if using RADIUS include a Framed-Route attribute to forward whatever sized subnet to the client.
Thank you very much for a quick reply! i am a bit of a noob. excuse me if i sound stupid at times.

1. Yes i have /22 Block (all routed) of IP from IRINN (Indian version of Apnic). I am using only one block (/24) I plan to use another block (/24) for people who wants more than (1 static IPs )

2. I am using DMA. It has only option to give one static IP. how to include this framed -route attb.

Thanks

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 pm

In the 'Custom RADIUS attributes' box. You still have to specify the primary address by selecting 'IP address mode CPE: Static IP' and entering an address.

There are two methods, you can either use 'Framed-IP-Netmask' to specify a netmask which will be applied to the primary address
e.g. for a /30 it would be Framed-IP-Netmask=255.255.255.252
or you can use 'Framed-Route' to specify a route which may overlap with the primary address or not as you desire
e.g. Framed-Route="192.168.100.17/30 0.0.0.0 1"

In both cases under IP > Routes the primary address appears as 'DAC', and the routed subnet as 'DAS'.

kaydee
just joined

Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:17 pm

Thank you very much for a quick reply! i am a bit of a noob. excuse me if i sound stupid at times.

1. Yes i have /22 Block (all routed) of IP from IRINN (Indian version of Apnic). I am using only one block (/24) I plan to use another block (/24) for people who wants more than (1 static IPs )

2. I am using DMA. It has only option to give one static IP. how to include this framed -route attb.

Thanks
Create a subnet of /29 or /28 and provide it to your customers,
Your upstream provider should help you on this, In our country there are too many providers with very poor service..