Community discussions

MikroTik App

TorbeeNorbee
just joined
Topic Author

Read Everything, Followed Guides - Still Does Not Work (IPTV + IGMP Proxy + Firewall)

Thu May 06, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi There
I've googled, read everything, tried multiple things and my IPTV doesn't work.

I tried this tutorial: https://www.premitel.uk/consultancy/exp ... uterboard/

My WAN is hooked up on Ether1 - it's PPPoE connection through my fiber modem.
My LAN is hooked up on Ether4

I also have a bridge interface added.

I've did what the tutorial said

add an ip for ether1

add the 2 entries for IGMP Proxy
added the 3 firewall rules

and still IPTV doesn't work

please help

mikrotik interfaces.png
MikroTik_-_Address_List_at_admin_192_168_1_1_-_Webfig_v6_48_2__stable__on_hEX__mmips_.png
MikroTik_-_Firewall_at_admin_192_168_1_1_-_Webfig_v6_48_2__stable__on_hEX__mmips_.png
MikroTik_-_IGMP_Proxy_at_admin_192_168_1_1_-_Webfig_v6_48_2__stable__on_hEX__mmips_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vuli
just joined

Re: Read Everything, Followed Guides - Still Does Not Work (IPTV + IGMP Proxy + Firewall)

Fri May 07, 2021 11:34 pm

it is good if you write which ISP in which country you are on so maybe there is a user with the same ISp that can help you.
Sometime it looks smth like this. Tv in and tv out are vlans with Id 3999 on my isp for example. Also you have to add my TV in in TV out to the same bridge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TorbeeNorbee
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Read Everything, Followed Guides - Still Does Not Work (IPTV + IGMP Proxy + Firewall)

Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 am

it is good if you write which ISP in which country you are on so maybe there is a user with the same ISp that can help you.
Sometime it looks smth like this. Tv in and tv out are vlans with Id 3999 on my isp for example. Also you have to add my TV in in TV out to the same bridge

i dont know what you mean by that, can you please explain in more detail?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 08, 2021 10:14 am

While config by @vuli works, it's not the recomended way of doing it ... one should be using single bridge with properly configured VLANs.

Never the less, either mention your ISP so that some fellow victim of same ISP shares working setup or explain your use case more in depth.