Community discussions

MikroTik App

zHRIp7J
just joined
Topic Author

Running CAP on device running CAPsMAN

Mon May 10, 2021 10:17 pm

Hello,

I am using two devices running v6.48.2, one cAP and one hAP ac2.

By following this guide, I have maged to configure the cAP device as CAP from CAPsMAN running on hAP ac2.

As the next step, I wanted to configure the last part of the guide, i.e. manage the wlan interfaces on hAPac2 from CAPsMAN as well. However, so far, I had no luck in making this work. I have set the CAPsMAN intrefaces, added the firewall rule and set up the CAP control to wlan1 and 2, and the broadcasted wifi networks just turned off.

I think that the issue might be that CAPsMAN can't see the wlan interfaces, for some reason, possibly due to firewall, or the CAPsMAN interfaces misconfiguration, but the settings look fine to me.

I have added screenshots of my configuration, maybe I am missing something obvious? Also, how would one go about debugging this? I was trying different options and then deleting them and enabling them again, but I was really overwhelmed by the number of options overall and didn't really know where to start. Do you have any tips on how to proceed with this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DeJoe

Re: Running CAP on device running CAPsMAN

Wed May 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi.

From the "interfaces" screenshot i can see the discovery is limited to "bridge". I dont know exactly if that's the problem but I would try removing this limitation because CAPsMAN is running on the same device and maybe some sort if loopback interface is responsible for that.

Also read this please:
https://kaspars.net/blog/mikrotik-capsm ... l%20CAP%3A