Community discussions

MikroTik App

shpetimi
just joined
Topic Author

PPPOE slow upload only

Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 am

Hello, i have configured my mikrotik cAP ac (6.48.2 stable release) as a pppoe client on Eth1 and a lan on Eth2 (no dhcp) and a nat for lan to access internet.
I have a 100/100Mbps symetric speed using fiber, but the speed in lan is 100 download and 40 upload.
When i connect using provider modem (Huawei) it goes normal 100/100 but i want to use my mikrotik as a router for security reasons.

If anybody can help me please?

I can upload the configuration file

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: PPPOE slow upload only

Thu May 20, 2021 4:22 pm

Without seeing configuration file we can't tell what might be the problem.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 20, 2021 4:53 pm

Without seeing configuration file we can't tell what might be the problem.
After 5 days probably is gone...

shpetimi
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 24, 2021 10:05 am

Sorry for late respond.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 24, 2021 11:45 am

First a warning: your firewall is non existing and thus your router is most probably very much exposed to attacks from internet. The sole "chain=input action=drop" doesn't guarantee anything.
One thing missing from your firewall rules is enabling fasttrack, which normally helps with firewall performance a lot.

Next: what does CPU profile show while running some extensive upload? Run /tool profile cpu=all and check if there's some process using up large amount of CPU cycles.

Another thing: check running MTU value on pppoe-out1 interface. It is likely lower than (standard) 1500 bytes which means router might spend quite some CPU cycles for fragmenting full-size packets. There's nothing much you can do if you can't make pppoe interface accept MTU size 1500 (which might not be supported by your ISP). CPU overhead in DL hits ISP's router so DL is easy for your cAP ac.

shpetimi
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 26, 2021 3:58 am

Thanks for your reply. I have configured fast track now and nothing happens, the mtu is 1480 by default by isp and when i change to 1500 the connection to isp is lost. About cpu: cpu isn't going more than 20% with fast track but even without fast track was not highly used. About firewall im new to mikrotik and im looking about vulnerabilities and security config best practices. But the problem is with upload speed i don't know why is the speed 38mbps with mikrotik and with huawei modem is 100mbps