Community discussions

MikroTik App

newtoitall
just joined
Topic Author

Basic VPN queries

Mon May 17, 2021 4:56 am

Hi guys,

I need to set up VPN L2TP access on our MikroTik v6 router for a remote user into our internal network. I've always used port forwarding on other routers in the past (I know terrible) and this is the first time setting up a VPN using MikroTik. Is this a straight forward process? I've watched a couple of video online setting up a VPN using Mikrotik L2TP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxxF7YFL3Ds) and it seems somewhat straight forward but was wondering if there are any gotchas I need to watch for? Someone has already set up a L2TP connection on the our router for remote access (no idea who for, no documentation was left). Do I just add a new L2TP client, plug in the info required and away we go? Apologies if these are very basic questions, trying to work out things as I go as I have been left with zero documentation and guidance.

Thank you!

vinu

Re: Basic VPN queries

Tue May 18, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi,
Follow exactly the same it will work

RobertoPerryman
just joined

Re: Basic VPN queries

Wed May 19, 2021 2:55 pm

Using a VPN cuts them out of your loop.
The VPN I use also blocks ad servers so I do not have to use ad blocking extensions.
News sites like this one get upset if they can't put their ad trackers on your computer and will demand that you 'whitelist' them. Since I don't use ad blocking software my VPN does, I often fly under the 'whitelist' radar homework help online.