Community discussions

MikroTik App

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

GrooveGA-52HPacn won't save LAN IP address

Sun May 23, 2021 8:18 am

Brand new out of the box 52Hpacn won't allow the LAN IP address to be set and saved on the quick set menu. It claims to save it but when I click quick set again, it's back to all red 0.0.0.0. I tried first setting the button to router, then saving that config, then rebooting the router and the router button does remain checked but the local LAN address cannot be switched off of 0.0.0.0 and will not be saved when you enter 192.168.88.1 like it works in the 52Hpn older models.

After getting the old, used Grove 52Hpn working last week, I liked it so much I ordered a brand new GrooveGA-52Pacn to try out just for the ac capability. It arrived today and I powered it up and it had NO DEFAULT IP address 192.168.88.1 which I believed was supposed to be the "new default" value. Still, I was able to navigate through the router menu with no issue using winbox. However, initially I did receive a message regarding a "WISP script" that was running which was very odd. I clicked to clear the old customization from the SYSTEM settings and then reboot the router again. Then I attached again with laptop ethernet adapter set to 192.168.88.2 and the app's boot server set to 192.168.88.3 and with that I was able to use netinstall to load firmware 6.48.2. The LAN IP address would not save. Then I back leveled to 6.47.9 and the same thing, LAN IP address would still not save. Have reset the config via both holding in the reset button and using SOFTWARE option to clean the config as well. Same result, can't save a new LAN IP address on the router.

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: GrooveGA-52HPacn won't save LAN IP address

Sun May 23, 2021 9:00 pm

The Groove 52ac can be set up by the Dealer or Distributor with a default configuration that does not include a default IP address. If you go to System->Reset Configuration and check mark "Do not Backup" then click the "Reset Configuration" button you will have an opportunity to when you first login to see a discription of the default configuration as well as the actual script. Your Groove is probably set as an AP/bridge, CPE/bridge or with no default configuration.

The code below is the default configuration from a Groove 52ac that is set as a CPE/router which uses 192.168.88/1/24 as its access IP address. If you copy this, put it in a text editor and save it as a .rsc file. This script can be installed on your Groove by moving the script to the Groove flash/ folder then going to System->Reset Configuration and check marking "No default configuration" and "Do not backup" then in the "Run after reset" box select "flash/your-file-name.rsc" and finally clicking "Reset Configuration". You will lose this configuration the next time you do a reset. You should not use the Quick Set page to make changes to the configuration. You should use the menu buttons down the left side of Winbox to make changes.

The configuration can be made to be the Default Configuration after a reset by installing it using Netinstall.
# jan/02/1970 00:01:31 by RouterOS 6.48.2
#
# model = RouterBOARD Groove G-52HPacn
:delay 10s
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=\
    20/40/80mhz-XXXX disabled=no frequency=auto installation=outdoor ssid=\
    MikroTik
/interface list
add comment=defconf name=WAN
add comment=defconf name=LAN
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=hotspot
/ip pool
add name=default-dhcp ranges=192.168.88.10-192.168.88.254
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=default-dhcp disabled=no interface=ether1 name=defconf
/ip neighbor discovery-settings
set discover-interface-list=LAN
/interface list member
add comment=defconf interface=ether1 list=LAN
add comment=defconf interface=wlan1 list=WAN
/ip address
add address=192.168.88.1/24 comment=defconf interface=ether1 network=\
/ip dhcp-client
add comment=defconf disabled=no interface=wlan1
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=192.168.88.0/24 comment=defconf gateway=192.168.88.1
/ip dns
set allow-remote-requests=yes
/ip dns static
add address=192.168.88.1 comment=defconf name=router.lan
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input comment=\
    "defconf: accept established,related,untracked" connection-state=\
    established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=\
    invalid
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept ICMP" protocol=icmp
add action=accept chain=input comment=\
    "defconf: accept to local loopback (for CAPsMAN)" dst-address=127.0.0.1
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop all not coming from LAN" \
    in-interface-list=!LAN
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept in ipsec policy" \
    ipsec-policy=in,ipsec
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept out ipsec policy" \
    ipsec-policy=out,ipsec
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" \
    connection-state=established,related
add action=accept chain=forward comment=\
    "defconf: accept established,related, untracked" connection-state=\
    established,related,untracked
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop invalid" \
    connection-state=invalid
add action=drop chain=forward comment=\
    "defconf: drop all from WAN not DSTNATed" connection-nat-state=!dstnat \
    connection-state=new in-interface-list=WAN
/ip firewall nat
add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="defconf: masquerade" \
    ipsec-policy=out,none out-interface-list=WAN
/tool mac-server
set allowed-interface-list=LAN
/tool mac-server mac-winbox
set allowed-interface-list=LAN

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 24, 2021 9:18 am

As always, thank you for your support. I have an old 52HPn that you helped me with last week. When I upgraded firmware on the old unit, the device automatically set itself up for QuickSet CPE.

Do you have any idea how to change the QuickSet Ethernet-only option to a CPE option on this new GrooveGA-52HPacn? Or is the solution to return the device to the retailer (only 3 days old) and purchase one that comes configured as a CPE and if so, how does one know how the units are configured since they all have the same part number of GrooveGA-52HPacn stamped on the outside case?

I looked on Winbox and the QuickSet menu selection only allows "Ethernet" on this GrooveGA-52HPacn, where my old 52HPn allows several settings on the QuickSet menu including CPE. I really need QuickSet CPE on the new GrooveGA-52HPacn because I cannot do a full re-configuration each time I move to a new location and must configure a new SSID. I need a quik scan, to select the desired SSID, to enter the password and begin CPE function. Thanks!

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 24, 2021 8:06 pm

I also tried loading in the script you suggested. I went to files option and uploaded the file and tried using it but it vanished on the next reboot. I discovered I had to upload the file, then drag it down on top of the "flash" directory and it got auto named "flash/Grove.rsc" . This time the file remained in the file list under flash/ and when I tried set up with System, Reset Configuration and No Default Configuration and No Backup checked, the pull down after the Run After Reset allowed me to select the script out of the list of "flash/Groove.rsc". I rebooted and the Quick Set was still set to only allow ETHERNET in the selection list and I also tried to find if any of the settings from the profile had "taken" and it didn't look like it. For example, clicking on Interfaces I only saw the "ether1" when I expected from the script that I would see a "wlan1" under the Interfaces list as well. Also missing is (I am just guessing here while translating this thing) under Wireless and Security Profiles there is no Hot-Spot entry. So it appears the script is not being processed. Thanks!

(I've been reading some other posts with your moniker and it looks like perhaps the Groove 52Hpac has been discontinued and anyone, no matter what they advertise they're selling, they are actually delivering this Groove GA-52HPacn which is this abomination I am seeing of the cute little CPE-QuickSet scan-and-find-a-wifi operation that was to be enjoyed on the old 52Hpac and previous models?) The one I have is locked on "Ethernet" for the QuickSet and there is no changing this value and "Ethernet" for QuickSet is the only option. Otherwise if scripts won't load to provide a close proximity of the scan and connect function seen on the license code 3 devices, it's not going to be easy to perform this scan and connect to a SSID as was done with "lesser" releases of the hardware.

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 24, 2021 8:40 pm

From the error log: (((note the typos seen here are from running an image of the error log file through an OCR translator))
0 Jan/02/1970_00:00:17 memory system.info. router rebooted
1 Jan/02/1970 00:00:30 memory interface.info etherl link up (speed lOOM. full duplex)
2 Jan/02/1970 00:01:08 memory script warning DefConf gen: Unable to find wireless interface(s)
3 Jan/02/197000:01:08 memory system.error. critical. unknown. unknown. unknown error while running customized default configuration script: interrupted
4 Jan/02/197000:01:08 memory system.error. critical. unknown. unknown. unknown
5 Jan/02/197000:01:13 memory system.info.account user admin logged in from OO:E0:4C:6A:**:** via winbox 
6 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info interface list added
7 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info interface list added
8 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info wireless security profile <default> changed
9 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info hotspot server profile default changed
10 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info pool default·dhcp added
11 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info dhcp server defconf added
12 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info config changed
13 Jan/02/197000:01:18 memory system.info interface list member added

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon May 24, 2021 8:46 pm

You should perform a netinstall on this device. Simply resetting the device may not be enough to remove any bad code.

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 25, 2021 7:38 am

Previously I back-leveled the firmware one release with netinstall to check if doing this resolved anything. It did not.. The failure is the same with the previous version or the most recent version. It remains a failure no matter if I upgrade the firmware or back-level it. However, just now I upgraded to the newest, routeros-mipsbe-6.48.2.npk. The problem is always the same:

The QuickSet panel has only "Ethernet" as an option. There is no "CPE" option on QuickSet. Thanks for any help. Very surprised the lack of info on the new model.

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 26, 2021 1:47 am

According to the MicroTik documentation, "Ethernet" seen on my QuickSet panel is not even a valid choice for QuickSet options. If I understood more about this product, it would be easier to resolve the issue. For example some places in various online documentation refer to ordering the "CPE" version vs. the "AP" version, but there is no data showing what the differences are because only the product AG-52HPacn is being sold today while while the G-52HPacn has been discontinued. Does that mean that "CPE" is no longer available or does it mean that it should be included in the QuickStart options. Where the hell "Ethernet" as an option that I have on mine, I haven't a clue..

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed May 26, 2021 3:22 am

3 Jan/02/197000:01:08 memory system.error. critical. unknown. unknown. unknown error while running customized default configuration script: interrupted
This indicates the default script was replaced with a custom script. Perform a netinstall and select "Apply default config" to revert this change.

The difference in models is licensing. Level 3 license is for CPE/PTP and level 4 license is for AP. Mikrotik charge more for higher license levels.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:L ... PC_license

DonJuane
just joined
Topic Author

Thu May 27, 2021 9:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your help. I did the netinstall with the option checked to "Apply default config" to which I received the same error, that only "Ethernet" is available in the QuickSet menu. "Ethernet" is not a valid option. I have been working with MikroTic support and have gotten a RMA for this device. It is only 1 week old and never been in service.