Community discussions

MikroTik App

fbfb
just joined
Topic Author

HAP AC not visible in winbox neighbors, connected via telnet from an accessible CAP, need help switching on interfaces

Mon May 24, 2021 9:56 am

Setup: home wifi using hAP ac router (OS 6.48.2) and 2 x cAP ac access points. I am using a MacOS laptop with Winbox packaged via wine. I had successfully connected to that router via Winbox and 192.168.88.1 before.

Problem: after restoring router to a backup file I lost connection to internet and hAP ac is no longer accessible via Winbox neighbors list (or 192.168.88.1). Home wifi network still works (just no access to internet).

Where I got so far: I connected to one of the access points from the Winbox neighbors list (via mac address and default admin / no password). Then I did /tool mac-scan on ether1 and saw 3 mikrotik devices. One of those was my "lost" router and surprisingly it had IP address 192.168.88.1 next to it (so it is "kind of" assigned but when i go to that IP address in my browser it doesn't work).I successfully connected to router's MAC address by /tool mac-telnet. So basically I have command line access to my hAP ac router from "inside" one of the cAP ac points. Now I need to get it to work :)

don't laugh at my login, wasn't even me who set this thing up :)
1.jpg
/interface print returned all of my familiar interfaces which were all running (RS code) except wlan1 and wlan2 - these two are disabled (XS code) and have "managed by CAPsMAN" labels next to those.
2.jpg
So my #1 question is - could my problem of lost connection to hAP be because these wlan interfaces are disabled? How can I enable those from command line (they are managed by CAPsMAN)?

#2 question is that router lost connection to internet too but I guess it will be much easier to figure that out once i restore winbox access.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fbfb
just joined
Topic Author

Re: HAP AC not visible in winbox neighbors, connected via telnet from an accessible CAP, need help switching on interfac  [SOLVED]

Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 pm

Fixed it with help from Mikrotik's certified consultant (Oleksandr Zibnytskyi - thanks for helping), had to connect by ethernet wire to my hAP AC and set up a clean configuration.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: HAP AC not visible in winbox neighbors, connected via telnet from an accessible CAP, need help switching on interfac

Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Awesome!!!