Community discussions

MikroTik App

rigultru
just joined
Topic Author

RCON Refused

Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Hi,

I recently swapped my ancient D-Link router with a hEX S (RouterOS v6.48.2 (stable)). Everything is working fine network-wise, aside from one thing here:

I run 3 dedicated servers from one machine for a game called Conan Exiles. I am able to successfully connect to these servers from my machine that is on the same network using either the private IP or the Public IP (I set up hairpin NAT).

Players are also able to successfully connect to my servers from external networks using the public IP.

The same machine running these servers runs a webserver (Apache and MySQL) using xampp to host some PHP stuff for these dedicated servers. Essentially there is a mod for this game that allows you to transfer from server to server. The mod requires a successful RCON connection using TCP to basically upload your character data to this webserver on export and then download your character data on import.

All the ports are forwarded used by both the dedicated servers and the webserver are forwarded to this machine running the dedicated servers and webserver.

Also, when I try to issue a broadcastmessage in-game using RCON while connected to one of the game servers, nothing happens. I check the server log and it does not show any requested RCON connection at all. I then tried using an RCON app called ACCION RCON and was able to send RCON commands to the game servers using this app. So I am not sure why the RCON is not successful from within the Conan Exiles client itself.

I was up pretty late last night trying to figure this out but I feel like at this point it is beyond me. Any help would be appreciated!

rigultru
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RCON Refused  [SOLVED]

Mon May 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Update:

I have solved the issue.

I had to add another dstnat in the firewall nat for the in.int of the bridge.

Then, had to point the in-game RCON for the mod to the server private IP. (I never thought of this before and figured if I did this, then those on external networks would not be able to use this transfer mod, but that is not the case. The mod resolves the open IP:Port to the host IP through a config file. I figured I could just dstnat to emulate the port forwarding from my old router in this router but it was more complex than that (not really, but for a rookie it was!)

Thanks to anyone who read this!