MikroTik App

MrHae
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

RB 3011 Firewall

Wed May 26, 2021 7:49 pm

Hey Guys,

at first i apologise for my bad english skills.
Now my Problem, i configured a RB 3011, and after everything worked i selected all Firewall Filter Rules and deleted it, after this i was locked out and i'll find no way back. I didn't want to reset cause i had no backup since my changes. Is there another way to set new firewall rules?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB 3011 Firewall

Thu May 27, 2021 12:52 pm

Dont configure or change the default firewall until you know what you are doing and understand how the rules work.
They are there to protect you.
You will most likely have to reset the router if locked out.

Do you use the safe mode button?

MrHae
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu May 27, 2021 3:25 pm

Yep but default Firewall Rules are not useable when i'll try to reach a network via VPN and everything is block by an deafult firewall rule which blocks everything not coming from lan...

Next Time i use safe mode till then reset and reconfigure is what i have to do :)

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Another think I do is backups regularly and also save my config so that if I am locked out I can rebuilt in a shorter time frame.

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Thu May 27, 2021 4:06 pm

Yep but default Firewall Rules are not useable when i'll try to reach a network via VPN and everything is block by an deafult firewall rule which blocks everything not coming from lan...

Next Time i use safe mode till then reset and reconfigure is what i have to do :)
What you can do is add interface list = LAN in VPN profile, then default firewalls will cause no issues

MrHae
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Thu May 27, 2021 8:19 pm

What you can do is add interface list = LAN in VPN profile, then default firewalls will cause no issues
Good hint, i‘ll give it a try.