Community discussions

MikroTik App

FilserG
just joined
Topic Author

Extract Setttings from HAP RB95Ui-2nD

Thu May 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi, i am managing a network with a MikroTik HAP RB95Ui-2nD broadband router, but dont have the password for that unit. I need to access the settings, but don't have the password for the unit. How can i get inside the router settings without factory reset? How can Winbox support my doing this? I don't want to loose the current configuration.
Any direction appreciated.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Extract Setttings from HAP RB95Ui-2nD

Thu May 27, 2021 1:34 pm

No, you can't. That is the whole idea of passwords. To deny access if you don't know it.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 27, 2021 1:57 pm

If you are "managing" the network and the router then you should have the password.
If you are "managing" the router then you must be a trained networking professional and the idea of a reset and a reconfiguration is part of normal life.
If your are "managing" the router and realize you need assistance, you would hire a consultant (hint list avail on MT website).
Above assuming someone is paying you do to this work!

If you are not trained and are simply doing this as a volunteer gig, then you will still have to reset the router and
will be glad to assist getting it back up and running for the organization your supporting, church or what have you.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 27, 2021 7:46 pm

>>>If you are "managing" the network and the router then you should have the password.
+1... and the backdoor...

>>>If you are "managing" the router then you must be a trained networking professional and the idea of a reset and a reconfiguration is part of normal life.
+1000 the Absolute Truth...