Community discussions

MikroTik App

dabuv
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN configuration on CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+

Thu May 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Hello,

We bought a Mikrotik CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+ switch, but I can't manage to set up Layer 2 configuration with static IP from non default VLAN to manage the switch. I don't want it to be a VLAN gateway for other switches, but a managed switch with a network 10.10.100.0/20 and gateway of 10.10.100.1

The shortened configuration is attached at the end.

Things I tried besides the config file:
*using hw=yes on all interfaces belonging to bridge;
*setting up static Routes via IP / Routes to my management network as well as user network
*setting up time;
*restarting device after config;
*resetting the config and reapplying the config;
*adding all possible interfaces to bridge
*unchecking Fast Route on Bridge
*adding bridge to management VLAN
*trying the config on RouterOS firmware v.6.48.2 as well as 6.48.3 which came out yesterday.
*setting up different MTU on ports as well as L2 MTU;
*using crossover cable to connect Mikrotik and D-LINK;
*configure RouterOS with defaults/no defaults
*....read the documentation several times...

Additional information:
*switch is connected to D-LINK DES-1228 to port with tagged traffic from vlan 5 (management) and 1 (default) (any other switches brand were configured while connected to that port without an issue);
*when using the configuration and connecting switches together they auto negotiate 100M full duplex speed which is.. not quite logic as both sides support 1Gbps
*when the switch is connected with config from attachment our AP (WiNG 3600 VX 9000) connected to the same switch (D-LINK DES-1228) - this issue was verified several times;
*switch cannot ping any devices within a subnet and switch cannot be pinged from other devices as well
*I managed to setup up the device to work as intended but it just stopped functioning properly without a reason;

What We need:
*at least 2 VLANs where
-- VLAN 5 is a management vlan with address 10.10.100.247/20, tagged on port 48 and all sfp ports
-- VLAN 1 is a default VLAN for hosts in network;

I am frustrated with implementing the switch into my existing infrastructure, because I have been struggling with this simple configuration for about a week. We wanted to implement devices into our network and swap old switches with new Mikrotik ones... But the issue We stumbled upon can kill the whole idea.

I need to configure RouterOS instead of swOS because of security reasons.

Is there anyone who can help me?