Community discussions

MikroTik App

skhds
just joined
Topic Author

Port forwarding 443...

Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:04 am

I've so far successfully port-forwarded ssh with a different port and port 80 for HTTP, although my ISP seems to be blocking that one.
I want to service an HTTPS site, but I wanted to first check if my ISP is blocking port 443, so I tried port-forwarding 443 like I have done with other ports.
When I do that, however, it seems that all devices connected to the router can't use the Internet anymore. Disabling that rule makes the Internet work again,
so I'm guessing port 443 does something that other ports don't do.

Since I'm fairly new to the whole networking stuff, I thought that I should just understand the concepts behind port 443 instead of jumping on to a manual.
I've read other posts about this, but I couldn't quite understand anything.

So my question is basically, how do I service HTTPS on port 443 without interfering with the rest of the devices connected onto my router?
Is port 443 a duplex channel (I don't know the correct term) by default? I would like to understand the concepts first before getting specific instructions.

(I've been doing port forwarding with Webfig, under IP->firewall->NAT. I'm not at home, so I think it'll take a while before I can post pictures of my configs...)

tyby

Re: Port forwarding 443...

Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:00 am

skhds, when possible, please put an export of at least ip firewall nat, please ( /ip firewall nat export compact).

What more specific do you mean by "all devices connected to the router can't use the Internet anymore"? Did you try anything else except trying https (websites like Google are using it)? Did you try at least a ping or a traceroute from clients? Is connectivity lost also at router side, or only at client side?

What equipment are you using, and what rOS version?

As you can see, there are a lot of questions, but I think at least a part of them need to be answered in order to get a better image of your problem.

Cheers!

T

karlisi

Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:38 am

I suppose you dst-natted to port 443 without specifying in-interface, there should be your WAN interface

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:52 pm

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish to see whats going on.