Community discussions

MikroTik App

jakub7
just joined
Topic Author

5G not active after CAP enabled

Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:31 pm

Good day all!
I have several CAP AC in my house that work just fine. Two days ago I purchased another one. I powered it up, made an upgrade to the latest firmware and after a restart, I enabled CAP. It started giving me problems (it simply wouldn't get IP from the router) so I performed a netinstall to a long term 6.47.10. After that it was running fine after enablig CAP, however 5G radio won't activate. All other CAP's have both radios enabled. What could be the problem?
I'm attaching 3 screenshots:
2021-06-09_170536 - CAP that's giving me problems (I tested also with not specifying the discovery interface, there was no difference.)
2021-06-09_170606 - An older CAP working just fine
32021-06-09_170627 - Remote CAP list in my router (I'm not sure whether the MAC and Serial numbers should be blacked out but I guess it won't hurt). I'm not sure why the new CAP and one older switch don't have an IP listed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tdw
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 5G not active after CAP enabled

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:13 pm

On the CAPsMAN Mikrotik under CAPsMAN > CAP Interface you should see a list of the remote radio interfaces, you can open these and check the Current State entry on the Status tab - it should say running-ap when operating.

Not all of the CAP settings are controlled from CAPsMAN so there may be differences between the two CAP devices, especially if the default configuration was created by different firmware versions.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm

you have created all provisioning/channel/etc. needed for 5GHz?

jakub7
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:31 pm

In the end I disconnected the CAP at home and connected it in the office (which is where I want to use it anyway). It started and both radios are active now. I take it I'm a noob and the AP behavior from Mikrotik is a mystery to me. I have commissioned 7 CAP AC so far and each behaved different.