MikroTik App

shreeharsha
just joined
Topic Author

SXT LTE Kit internet freezes regularly

Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:20 pm

Hi All,

I am new to the forum.
I have purchased Mikrotik SXT LTE Kit (RBSXTR&R11e-LTE) from a vendor in India and I am facing an issue where the internet connection freezes regularly. My setup is as follows:
I have connected ether1port of SXT LTE Kit directly to my laptop's ethernet port using PoE injector.
I am located in a village in India and the LTE device is mounted at a height of 25ft from the ground. LTE device is connected to laptop via cat6e ethernet cable with length 50 meter.
I have inserted the SIM card in SIM1 slot.
I am using Reliance Jio as 4G internet provider and the connected cell tower is 3 Km away.
I am getting LTE band 40 signals with a speed 30Mbps(upload) and 2Mbps(download)

However, my internet freezes regularly but there is no fixed interval. Sometime it happens once in 30 mins but sometimes it can extend to an hour. Suddenly internet connection drops. However, when I login to the RouterOS and check LTE1 interface and ether1 interface, I don't see any drop in signal, no rx/tx errors and no link downs. I can see some packet traffic in the graph but it is limited to maximum of 10Kbps.

I have to either reboot the device / disable and enable LTE1 interface for immediate fix. However, if I leave it for couple of minutes (not fixed wait time but less than 3 to 4 mins), internet will be back as normal.

I am suspecting that I am missing some firewall or DNS settings (or any other settings). The disruption is quite regular.

I have been using a 4G router with LPDA antenna in the same location but there is no such issue in that setup, though I get a lesser but consistent speed of 10Mbps. Hence it rules out the issue with the location or network.

I contacted the vendor but didn't get much support.

Could someone please assist me to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance!