Community discussions

MikroTik App

corix1337
just joined
Topic Author

Simple wireless connection on three sides

Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:08 pm

Hi,
I would like to request some help from you in terms of teaching me to understand terminology better and connecting correctly. I have 4 Mikrotik products, used for wireless camera survailance:

- mANTBox 15s (1 piece, 15dBi)
- SXTsq Lite5 (4 pieces,16dBi)

I am adding a picture for you to understand my situation better. The mANTBox 15s has a 120-degree angle which suits me ideally as a router that is at home. The SXT's are around and connected to the mANTBox. The mANTBox has supposedly around a 5km range which is twice as much as I need, but I still have problems. This is how my locations are:

Locations AP1 and AP2 were already working before, but especially AP2 was very unreliable and lagged hard every few seconds. Now I decided to reset all access points and try to make this right.

This is when I realized I am an idiot. It was someone else who set up the access points and I don't know how to set up for them to work again.

I tried setting the mANTBox 15s and the SXTsq Lite5 in my room via nv2 protocol using a youtube tutorial and over a distance of 1 meter, it surprisingly worked. Now that I installed them at a distance of approx. 200 meters, they don't seem to be connecting as they did before. Ideally I would like to find a simple to use manual to help me connect and improve signal of the AP's to their maximum potential. Rain makes the signal especially bad and the picture on camera starts lagging bad (AP1 location was very stable even when raining).

My questions are here:
1. What could be the reason they are not working (I doubt it is the angle between them because in testing when they were still working, I completely turned around one of the AP and it still had good connection).
2. What could I do to improve the laggy connection at location AP2 (I have multiple cameras at these AP's)? There are many houses in between AP0 and AP2 but I lifted the mANTBox 6m above the roof, maximum I can physically do. I am asking if I can do anything in terms of programming or if there is some other trick.