Community discussions

MikroTik App

MatKra
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG LTE6 kit (RBLHGGR&R11e-LTE6) - passthrough mode.

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:39 pm

Hello,

I have bought RouterBoard LHGG LTE6 kit (RBLHGGR&R11e-LTE6) with one Ethernet port. I would like to set up LTE interface in passthrough mode.
My general idea is that I would like to have one management vlan and one vlan with LTE passthrough for internet access.

I'm new to the Mikrotik products so please guide me what step are required.

Thank you,
Mateusz

Hominidae

Re: LHGG LTE6 kit (RBLHGGR&R11e-LTE6) - passthrough mode.

Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:04 am

---I just received mine, so haven't done this yet....but will try, as soon as I get more acquainted with the device in general.

This is how I think this is going to work:

- as usual wipe the complete configuration, as quicksets et al. will leave some ugly things behind (system - reset config - no default, no backup)
- then configure the device as a standard LAN device (create a bridge and add eth1, add ip address from your main router)...
- enable VLANs (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620) and should you have a management VLAN other than PID=1 move the device (bridge) into it.

Edit: OK, this will not work, as lte1 interface is not L2...you cannot assign VLANs to it, only to ether1..maybe you only can create a management VLAN and anything not in a dedicated (management) VLAN on ether1 will end on default, hence on lte1...need to investigate further
(- then add and enable the LTE-VLAN ID on the lte1 interface and bridge and on your main router as well
- add passthrough...it should then be linked to the VLAN-MAC of your main router of the other side of the VLAN)

....just make sure that you have access to the main link from a computer running winbox, in order to be able to access the device in MAC, legacy mode.
Maybe do all this in your lab, before you move it above ground ;-)