Community discussions

MikroTik App

oldcrow
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac2 lte scripting

Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:51 pm

Hi all

Running hAP ac2 (6.48.3) as main home router from bridged modem to HFC internet. I would like to be able to turn on and off lte (auto configured) on the usb via script but have been unable to achieve this.
Upgrade was faultess but I think the bugs had been removed before I did it reading the release thread.
lte works well with default script creation of dhcp and route (whatever is set in default apn)..
I have disabled admin account after creating user account with full rights so it may well be a permission issue.
I can turn on/off lte and check disabled property on cli but nothing works within script to turn on and off lte (automatic script generation, apn available but overriden by automatic settings from dynamic interface).
When both lte and my wan are up the packets prefer the lte route (i am guessing due to lower numbers in the route table 192.168.8.x in lte versus 192.168.89.x for the ethernet port, the distance/scope is the same).
I have a basic workaround by creating a static route and moving it above the automatic route (even with automatic creation of route turned off in lte apn, or even making route distance longer in apn, the ROS still generates a route, and also the distance does not reflect the default in apn...). I then activate it and set the distance in the static route longer than my wan ethernet and most of the traffic goes out ether1. But I would rather have NetWatch solution to turn and off the lte so none of the traffic flows out the lte/USB/dongle. I can force the ping out via ether1 using Netwatch so there is no confusion as to when my ISP returns for failover and I do not have to be home to avoid internet downtime.

So questions are:
1. Can I stop dynamic creation of lte via USB and create a manual one?
2. If not, can I control parameters/properties of dynamic lte creation? apn obviously is not the way.
3. Who owns the dynamic process, why does giving my scripts all my permissions not work when the terminal does?
4. I have read some of the ethernet documentation about tagging which seems similar. Is that even possible with a dynamic interface that I do not own?

Cheers oldcrow