Community discussions

MikroTik App

RichardCullis
just joined
Topic Author

Newbie attempting to setup a Hotspot and walled Garden!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:29 pm

I have purchased the wAP Series MikroTik routers (R11e-LTE). I need to setup Free WiFi for Vaccine Registration in various outdoor spaces in Cape Town South Africa.
After purchasing the routers, I paid an Expert to set them up for me, but I am not happy with the result.
No user was setup to login to the Wi-Fi network only trial users, the Tiny text you have to click on is almost impossible to see! Now I would like to have 3 types of users.
1) Surfing to address https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za should allow access via the “walled Garden”
2) Waiting to be vaccine people can surf the internet for 1 hour a 1M/1M (but not clicking the small link, would like to make my own landing page)
3) Admin login with no restrictions to time or bandwidth
I can see were the HTML file are stored but have no idea how to download them to I can edit them and then re upload to the router.
I have added the url to wall Garden IP list. But I cant login to the SSD for the Wi-Fi
I need to setup the user Profile for the above 3 types of users.
Most of the tutorials all seem to leave out important bits of information in the steps, I am looking for a step by step walk through to do the above or at least some of it.

RichardCullis
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Newbie attempting to setup a Hotspot and walled Garden!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:57 pm

So no one can help so far!, I did manage to get one router up and working correctly, is there a way I can save the settings on this router and just load them onto the other 4?