Community discussions

MikroTik App

chotahazri
just joined
Topic Author

please help: vpn over IPv6 (client connects to IPv6 address)

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi all,
I`m a newbie and I`m having some issues setting up VPN access to my home network.I own a rb4011 and it is currently running RouterOS 6.45.9The tutorials I found online are all connected to IPv4, Unfortunately I don`t have control over the IPv4 in my ISP box.  The ISP Box only has port settings for IPv6.  I configured it to forward everything to the RB4011. The public also sees an IPv4 for me, so probably my ISP is doing some magic on their side to give me some sort of dual stack higher up in the queue.
Following tutorials online I managed to set up vpn access which works when I connect by IPv4 sitting behind my ISP box but next to the RB4011 using the local 192.168.0.12 address.I tried the same using the IPv6 Link local alternative but I can`t get it to work....
If I use the public IPv4 provided by the ISP it doesn`t work. Either they block ports or the request only arrives through IPv6 at my side. Also connecting with the public IPv6 ip doesn`t work, even if all ports are forwarded to the RB4011 box.
I would be grafetul if someone could point out which settings should be added to the normal (ipv4) settings to get vpn to work so that the client can connect to a IPv6 address.